The Special Payment Authorization form (SPA – From 102A) is limited to transactions against balance sheet, revenue or liability accounts and consolidated utility bills (see 'DPRs' under WayneBuy). An SPA is not used if a Purchase Requisition (PR) and a Purchase Order (PO) have been processed. .
WSU is exempt from federal excise tax and Michigan sales tax. If the invoice includes such tax, credit should be shown by deduction.
Special Payment Authorization / SPA (PDF Fillable)
INSTRUCTIONS for Completing an SPA
- SPA should be filled out by the initiating department, including Banner vendor ID number.
- Manually create the SPA Number number using your FUND dash CURRENT DATE. For multiple submissions, end with dash NUMBER (i.e. 113130-4-20-2020-01, 02, 03, etc.)
- In Account Distribution, Include the index / fund and non-expense account to be charged. For multiple accounts, type the account numbers and respective dollar amount in the description section.
- Attach to the SPA the invoice or other supporting documentation.
- SPA must be signed by the departmental authorized signers in the appropriate fields
- Submit the SPA to Disbursements at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Tips and Tricks on attaching PDF documents to your IRB, visit Procurement's Digital Signature PDF Documents page at https://procurement.wayne.edu/digital-dignature-documents